Are you an experienced digital and social media expert? We’re looking for someone with the right character and skills to fit into our team and help market and plan for WOMAD Festivals.
We ask that you begin regular work focusing on developing WOMAD UK social media from February 2017 – Friday 4th August 2017. Working hours are negotiable, however we will require you to work certain days per week in the office and full time between: Monday June 26th – Friday August 4th 2017.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- WOMAD currently has profiles on the following digital media sites; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Spotify and we expect these to be maintained, updated and developed.
- Create and work to a social media plan that encourages excitement amongst followers, draws in new followers and promotes WOMAD according to the brand.
- Create and manage small and large participatory projects that will encourage new followers, visits to the WOMAD website and an increase in ticket sales.
- Report on the social media affect on ticket sales and referrals from social media to the WOMAD website.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on social media comments and statistics to marketing officer.
- Interact with current festival goers, keeping direct response posts positive, informative and lively.
- Keep up to date on new social media tools, best practice and how other organisations and companies are using them to engage and interact with their customers.
- Regularly update the WOMAD website news section with current and engaging news posts.
- Manage social media over the WOMAD festival weekend, answering queries if necessary, spreading important site news and uploading content.
- Manage WOMAD official photographers throughout the WOMAD weekend making sure that all aspects of the festival are captured and appropriate images are available to the PR team.
- Provide regular management updates on usage of the platforms and the effectiveness of individual campaigns.
- Produce an evaluation report post festival analysing the impact of the work undertaken on the ticket sales and profile of the festival in social media channels.
Contact Charity Colborne email@example.com
• Post ID: 21260822 uk