Job title:Office Administrator
Reports to:Corporate Services Manager
About Safer London
We are an innovative, fast growing, award winning charity with a Vision of young people in London feeling safe and achieving their potential. Our Mission is to improve the safety and wellbeing of young people in London affected by violence and crime. We provide specialist support that addresses young people’s experiences of violence and vulnerability.
Our extraordinary team bring our Values to life by focusing on empowerment and inspiring positive change in ourselves and others, by striving for excellence and always working with integrity, by being collaborative, working together with vulnerable young people and communities, and by valuing equality and diversity as being core to our work and our behaviours.
About the Role
The Office Administrator is a key member of a central services team that is the heart of our innovative, award winning organisation. Your role will be to provide efficient and pro-active administration and to be the first point of contact for visitors. Duties will include contact with suppliers, basic financial management, health and safety, data inputting, filing and answering the phones.
You will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring that Safer London staff have the relevant support to work efficiently. You will be competent in using Microsoft Office, prioritising your workload, working with little supervision, be self-motivated and trustworthy. Accuracy is an important part of this role as is being able to work under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
The Office Administrator role is a pivotal role and ensures the smooth running of the office environment.
- Support Corporate Services Manager and Executive Assistant with recruitment, preparing papers for meetings and producing minutes
- Support internal and external communications, including answering phone calls and passing on accurate messages, greeting visitors and support arranging meetings
- Be responsible for managing the stock of stationery and other office resources plus kitchen supplies, cleaning materials and ensuring recycling is done
- Assist with day to day financial transactions, including petty cash, expenses and invoices
- Be the day to day contact for supplier relationships
- Assist Corporate Services Manager with Health & Safety and First Aid
- Assist the Marketing, Communications & Events Officer with management of our website and social media, and assist with the organisation and facilitation of events, which may involve liaising with venues, delegates and sub-contracted suppliers
- Contribute as required to the wider work of the team
- Act in a manner that is in keeping with Safer London’s values
- Undertake any other duties as required and commensurate with the level of this post
This role may involve working some unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
The post holder will have access to confidential information and is expected to ensure that the highest level of confidentiality is maintained at all times.
The post holder will be required to consent to undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check.
Method of Assessment
Experience delivering administrative duties
Excellent planning and organisation skills
Demonstrable ability to be accurate and have good attention to detail
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to understand administrative systems and processes and to adhere to them
Ability to work creatively, pro-actively and flexibly and produce solutions to problems
Excellent IT skills (including Excel, Word etc.)
Basic financial experience such as managing petty cash and checking expense claims and invoices
Understanding and experience of using social media (facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc.)
Experience of developing and building good relationships with colleagues and external organisations
Practical understanding of diversity and experience of applying its principles in the workplace
Ability to prioritise demanding workloads and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Additional Information: Office Administrator
Disclosure and Barring Service
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Hours of work
The post is a full time role (37.5 hrs a week) and may occasionally require evening and weekend working.
The annual leave entitlement for this post is 28 days pro rata (3 of which must be taken between Christmas and New Year) per year plus public holidays.
All appointments will be confirmed only upon receipt of satisfactory references.
Please Apply using the application form on our website: www.saferlondon.org.uk/jobs
• Post ID: 20719352 uk