Personal Assistant to the
Post Title:Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive
Salary:£16,000-£18,000 pro rata, depending on experience
Hours:Part time – 3 days per week
Responsible to:General Office Manager
Location:Penryn, Cornwall TR10
Duration:Permanent – 3 year contract with a possibility of extension subject to funding
To provide comprehensive and confidential support and administrative arrangements, including professional assistance to the Chief Executive. The postholder will have line management responsibility for the administrator/apprentice.
Our service typically operates between Monday and Friday 0900-1700.
- To be responsible for the provision of proactive, effective and efficient comprehensive support and administrative arrangements to the Chief Executive, to ensure the efficient running of the office;
- To anticipate, schedule and organise meetings on behalf of the Chief Executive and to ensure they run efficiently and effectively;
- To minute meetings and manage the associated paperwork and meeting arrangements, and to manage and monitor any follow up actions.
- To be responsible for, and oversee, the scheduling of the Chief Executive’s travel and meeting commitments to ensure effective co-ordination and use of diary time. Effectively monitor the Budget to ensure that arrangements are cost effective and that suitable need has been identified.
- To manage the Chief Executive’s direct email account, along with their own, dealing direct on behalf of the Chief Executive as agreed and to ensure that the Chief Executive is fully appraised of any urgent issues.
- To manage, lead or co-ordinate projects as directed.
- To look to offer solutions to any problems/issues which may arise.
- To proactively review and improve processes, systems and practices to ensure the office performs successfully and optimises efficiencies;
- To act as a filter for the Chief Executive in respect of telephone calls, enquiries and requests and to deal with the majority, delegating where appropriate.
- To be client focussed and a professional ambassador for Sea Sanctuary and the Chief Executive at all times. Ensure communication, both internal and external, is produced to a high professional standard. The PA will deal with sensitive issues in emotional circumstances and will demonstrate empathy and confidentiality at all times.
- To make timely and informed decisions and judgements for the Chief Executive, where appropriate, and be accountable for those decisions. To challenge where appropriate.
- To be able to work flexibly, and be adaptable to fluctuating work pressures, and often unpredictable changes to work patterns.
- To maintain confidentiality and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive issues and to be aware of the importance and implications of handling such matters discreetly.
- To manage the filing and storage of all electronic and paper files, in line with best data management practice, to ensure efficient and effective record keeping. To identify and implement changes to the system as and when required.
- To undertake research on behalf of the Chief Executive and interpret wherever necessary.
- To have the ability to self manage, and work without supervision.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading and nature of the post as required.
- Expertise in providing the full range of PA support functions: e.g. diary management, correspondence, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements, administrative work, maintaining electronic filing systems etc.
- IT Literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word & Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to deal confidently with individuals on all levels.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters. Ability to be diplomatic and calm under pressure.
- Confident and helpful telephone manner.
- At least 2 years experience of working as a Personal Assistant
- Personal Assistant Qualification (or equivalent)
- Line management experience / management qualification
- Experience of working within mental health
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness/Mental Health First Aid
Health and Safety
In carrying out these duties the employee is required to take responsible care to avoid injury or accident, which may be caused at work. These duties must be performed in accordance with Sea Sanctuary’s Health and Safety Policy, which is designed to secure safety in working practice and in handling materials and equipment.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Continuing employment is dependent on a satisfactory criminal record check from the Disclosure and Baring Service. This will include details of cautions, reprimands, final warnings, as well as convictions.
Sea Sanctuary is a non-smoking organisation. Smoking will not be permitted on any of the sites by staff, in vehicles owned by Sea Sanctuary or in residences of any clients visited.
This Job Description is subject to review in consultation with the post holder.
Sea Sanctuary | Waterside Court, Penryn, Cornwall TR10 8AW | T: 01326 378919
M: 07966086856 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.seasanctuary.org.uk Registered Charity Number: 1117038
• Post ID: 20306387 uk