Edlesborough Post Office and Stores
We are a national award winning business looking to recruit pro-active individuals to work in both the store and post office. We have the following positions available which would include weekend work:
Afternoon shifts – Wednesday to Saturday between 2pm to 8pm
Morning shifts – Monday to Sunday between 5am and 1pm
A full job description is set out below. Interested candidates to forward on CV's for the attention of Mr Manny Ghuman to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position entails the successful candidate to work in both the Post Office and within the store. Previous experience working in a Post Office is desirable although not essential as full training will be provided. Employment is subject to a satisfactory CRB disclosure being completed and returned to us by Post Office Ltd.
• Teamwork and flexibility
• Stress management and politeness
• Being resilient and approachable
• Communication and arithmetic
• Being responsible and attentive
• Being self motivated and confident
• Being discrete and meticulous
• Following orders and resolving customer problems
• Following health and safety guidelines
• Working and standing for long hours
• Dressing and acting professionally
Formal education is not a requirement. Many of the duties can be learnt on the job. Assistants are more valued for their skills, ability to interact with clients and getting a sale. Basic qualifications such as GCSEs, A-levels, and NVQs are helpful.
Post Office Duties
Post office counter clerks perform a wide range of counter and customer service duties.
They process traditional post office services such as:
• selling stamps
• weighing, measuring and mailing letters and parcels
• sending mail abroad
• sending urgent or valuable mail.
Post office clerks also deal with a range of services including:
• bill payments
• car tax renewals
• foreign currency
• mail redirection forms
• banking services
Post office counter clerks use a computer system to deal with accounts and sales, keep records of all transactions, and provide receipts.
- Operating the tills, including cashing up and completing paper work at the start and end of shift.
- Assisting customers in the selection and purchase of items.
- Completing sales sheets at the end of the day.
- Ensuring that the shop counter is always manned.
- If applicable, ensuring morning newspaper deliveries are managed including checking stock deliveries and reporting issues to owners.
- Processing cash, cheque,credit card, newspaper accounts, lottery, scratchcards, paystation (gas, electric and mobile top ups) and laundry transactions accurately & efficiently.
- Managing the till, taking money from customers.
- Placing orders when requested.
- Checking the inventory with actual stock ordered and reporting any discrepancies to the owners.
- Keeping merchandise orderly and neat in appearance.
- Ensuring all communication methods are clearly used whether written or verbal.
- Handling customer complaints in a professional and diplomatic way.
- Keeping the shop floor clean and tidy at all times.
- Setting up promotional displays.
- Promoting the shop and its products at every opportunity.
- Reporting to the shop owners.
- Restocking the sales areas.
- Cleaning the shop, hovering, polishing etc.
- Moving large amounts of stock and merchandise around the shop.
- Looking out for possible shoplifting and reporting to owners about any suspicious behaviour.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
• Post ID: 19345787 uk