Job Title:Kitchen Assistant
Hours:Average 25 hours per week to be agreed by your Manager /Cook
Main Purpose of Job: To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and to assist in theday to day running of the kitchen.
Responsible To: Manager/Cook/Qualified Staff/Senior Staff.
Main Tasks of Job:
- Check weekly cleaning rota and clean areas as specified on the rota for that day.
- To prepare potatoes for the day.
- Wash and clear away breakfast dishes, put trays through dishwasher and set up the Trolley for morning coffee.
- Put milk delivery away in fridge making sure areas of fridge is clean.
- Coffee break at 10.30 a.m. for 20 minutes.
- Take tea and coffee around to residents 11.00 a.m. Wash dishes etc and put away, ongoing throughout the shift.
- Prepare sandwiches when the dishes for the morning have been cleared away. If not possible prepare sandwiches after dinner.
- Assist Cook as required, e.g. when Cook leaves to serve dinner, sweep the floors and clean surfaces before Cook returns from serving dinner.
- Wash and clear away dinner dishes etc., sweep and wash the floor in kitchen and utility.
- Leave the kitchen clean and tidy when finished.
• Post ID: 19089512 uk